Wednesday, February 27, 2008

From Fashion Victim To Fashion Freedom!

That's how I feel when I think about my "past life". Being in the fashion industry and being surrounded by the people in fashion, you kind of think this would be what hell would be like, except maybe more hotter. :P My employers and coworkers would freak out if the wrong button was sewn on! For Pete's sake people, there's starving orphans out there, and you are worried about a button??? Also, the moral values were pretty much nonexistent. Infidelity was running rampant. It was a hobby that was bragged about like it should be something to be proud of. Made my stomache sick. Dorky Musician can vouch for how miserable I was when I met him...I was so confused as to why I even chose this line of work. I just liked the creativity part of it....didn't take into consideration what the people were like.

But, now, I say "Fashion Freedom" because, ever since I left that "life", I feel FREE! The Lord has blessed me with a family I love with all my heart and soul. I love the fact that I don't have to deal with the superficial people but, actually made real, honest, down-to-earth, awesome friends. I love the fact that I'm so "not with it" by wearing clothes that are comfortable and that I like, rather than worry about wearing the latest things to impress coworkers and bosses so I can be taken seriously (because if you don't keep up with the Joneses, you won't get very high on the fashion ladder).

I don't regret going into the industry....it just made me appreciate so much more of what I have now, when I think about what I was missing before...all the important stuff. It's not the "successful" career, or the high salary, or the recognition by people who could care two hoots about me. I feel successful and SOOOO blessed and grateful for my God, my family, and my friends. That is what success is...and that is what being rich is! :D

5 comments:

John Brainard said...

I'm glad I had a part in you leaving that awful industry. I remember one trip out to California to visit you. We went to have lunch with some of your friends... When we were there, we ran into a few of your coworkers and one asked if I was with you and if I was the guy that you were engaged to... She was being careful in case you were cheating on me. It was rather disgusting.

Now you're just a hillbilly hick, just like me. :D Makes me proud!


Now, where'd I put my teeth?

Mrs. Dorky Musician said...

Oh yeah...that's right, I do remember that coworker asking that! Wow...sad, sad life they lead. :|

Your teeth is in the water glass. :P

Jo Jo said...

You too are too funny!!! That's why I love you! I am so glad that friends are a big part my life as well as family! Those people don't know what they are missing. Life is not all about getting ahead in your career or having it all it about enjoying the blessings that God has given us even when we are not deserving! great blog!

Mrs. Dorky Musician said...

Thanks! :D

Annie said...

Aw...what a great post!