Thursday, February 28, 2008

Friendship Poems

Friends
A friend is someone we turn to
when our spirits need a lift.
A friend is someone we treasure
for our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives
with beauty, joy, and grace.
And makes the whole world we live in
a better and happier place.

- Jean Kyler McManus -


Friends

There's nothing as nice as someone who shares,
your laughter, your secrets, your wishes and cares,
someone who's there through your good times and tears,
who stays by your side as your friend through the years.

- Autymn Skillings -

5 comments:

John Brainard said...

Did you know you could embed YouTube videos in your blog posts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbPKaIozS-c

Mrs. Dorky Musician said...

Huh?

John Brainard said...

Look at my "I Can't Take It" entry:

http://dorkymusician.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-cant-take-it.html

I put that Jason Upton video at the bottom of it. You can do the same in yours if you wanted to.... I gave you the URL to Michael W. Smith performing Friends.

Mrs. Dorky Musician said...

Don't know how to do it...you're going to have to show me.

Annie said...

I saw a friendship poem on a pretty book mark in a Bible at church this morning! I don't know who the author is, though.

"We grow closer to each other
when we’re closer to the Lord.
The common faith that we share
binds our hearts in one accord."